I’m a little late to the party, but I figured I’d come up with some New Years resolutions for 2016. But first, a glance back at some of the memorable moments if 2015…
- Year of the carp – I caught nearly a thousand of these things this year! Theyes are much more accessible to me in CA for fly roddin’, and it’s safe to say they are climbing the list quick of my favorite fish to target!
- Tried fishing for still water trout mire this year, and didn’t do so bad
- Landed fish in a dozen states
- And of course, spending time on the rivers with good people!
- Do some more warm water fishing (for other species besides carp!)
- Break 30 lbs for carp on the fly rod
- Make a few hikes into the mountains for remote native trout
- Try saltwater fly fishing
- Get back to the east coast and get a striper (goes along with the last one, but I totally missed out on this in MA in the past years)